Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Yarn Harlot in L.A.

The Yarn Harlot came to LA. How about that for a strange mix of cultures? I mean that as a compliment, Ms. Harlot.

Three of us took the trains to the LA Public Library. Janel was brave and drove seperately. Here we are with our projects du jour: Janel on the left with hand-dyed gifts to entice Ms. Harlot (to do what, I do not know). Theresa was working on a beautiful sock, but I can't remember the pattern (sorry). And Nancy is working on one of her fabulous stole wraps.

The crowd was small, but friendly, as knitters are wont to be (friendly, that is).




Being the monogamous knitter that I am, I worked on my dad's sweater vest. Honest. Here's some proof for those of you who dare to doubt.























My apologies to Ms. Harlot for the fuzzy picture, but her smile is nice, eh? Maybe she was just so happy about getting yarn that she shivered with excitement. Yeah, that's why the picture is weird, yeah.



You know you're a good knitter when:
1. you knit while you answer questions,
2. you knit on double-pointed needles (yech - too octopussy for me),
3. you do all of this while standing in front of a crowd,
and...
4. you don't look at The Great Green Sock even once while doing all of the above, at the same time!

I'm really glad I won't be tested by the Knitting Police any time soon (ever, I hope).


No comments:

About Me

I am a spinner and knitter in Southern California. I live with a very patient husband and two cats in a house full of wool and cat toys (with the occasional musical instrument to keep the hubby happy).