Thursday, July 7, 2011

Tour de Ugh

The weather is no longer delightful. The heat topped out (I hope) around 103 and this seems to be the week of the 90+ degrees. Thankfully, the evenings are still cool. Next week is supposed to "cool down" to the 80's. But it's the 40% + of humidity that's kickin' my keester. Ugh.

Dizzy Hubby and I watch the Tour de France bike race every day, so I've started an informal Tour de Fleece project, which is actually a Tour de Fluff because I've got 8 oz. of German Angora bunny to spin and knit. It is from the fiber exchange at the Studio 66 Retreat


8 oz. of bunny is a lot of bunny!








I've added some Amethyst Merino for a bit of color (okay... and to make it easier for me to spin).



Humidity does keep the bunny fluff from flying everywhere, so there is a silver lining to the Ugh, after all.

I want to knit a lace shawl. I haven't really knit much lace before, much less designed it, so I need all the time I can get. Hence the Tour de Fluff to get the bunny all spun within this month.

No comments:

About Me

I am a spinner and knitter in Southern California. I live with a very patient husband and two cats in a house full of wool and cat toys (with the occasional musical instrument to keep the hubby happy).