Thursday, July 17, 2008

Wrong Person!

A very dear friend, Ruth Schooley, died suddenly Tuesday night. Her family and our fiber community are devastated. Here she is about the time of the recent surgery on her foot, but on vacation and still smiling, as you can see.


I keep thinking that Ruth is the wrong person to die. I don't know or really care who the right person is, and I try not to wish death upon others. But still, Twisted Ruth is just the wrong person!

She taught gazillions of spinners amazing things. She taught many dyers to take a second look those "weeds," like dodder, that grow along the freeway. Ironically, the subtitle of Ruth's blog is:
It is rumored...
That the dodder
Got her.

She was almost always chipper and flying her quirky sense of humor like a flag. One of the best words to describe Ruth is Vivacious. She would love that in her own humble way, while swiveling her hips like a belly dancer to see how the word fit her.

Blessings and thanks, Ruth, for being a part of my life and making it so much more fun.

1 comment:

Acorn to Oak said...

That's shocking news! And, I agree...wrong person! I only had the priveledge of spending one day with her experimenting with dyes in her backyard. But, what a super person she was. So full of life and love. So eager to teach, share, and learn. I feel lucky to have met her. She was, and will remain, an inspiration to many of us. Hugs.

P.S. It was great to see you last weekend at the fiber/pool party. :-)

About Me

I am a spinner and knitter in Southern California. I live with a very patient husband and two cats in a house full of wool and cat toys (with the occasional musical instrument to keep the hubby happy).